A Child Dedication is a commitment to raising your child to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Below are some frequently asked questions about Child Dedication. Review the answers to any of the questions listed. For unanswered questions, feel free to contact Eddie Cortes or call 407-892-3300.
Click here for dates and details of the next Child Dedication Celebration.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO IS THE CHILD DEDICATION FOR?
WHAT DO WE NEED TO KNOW BEFORE DEDICATING OUR CHILD?
We are so glad that you are interested in dedicating your child! This dedication is about you making a promise before God, your church and family to raise your child to follow Jesus. However, in order to do that as parents, we need to be living a life that models after Christ. While no one is perfect, we encourage you to pursue a personal relationship with Jesus.
If you or your spouse aren’t sure or have questions on what it means to pursue a relationship with Jesus, we would love to chat with you. Contact Eddie Cortes, our Family Life Pastor, and set up a meeting. Our goal is not to turn any family away, but instead to partner with parents to “train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6).
To have your child dedicated at Cornerstone:
- We ask parents to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- We ask parents to be sure their beliefs line up with Cornerstone Family Church
- We ask parents to be regular attendees of Cornerstone’s weekend services
- We ask parents who are living together and who are not married to take steps to understand God’s plan for their relationship before participating in a child dedication service
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT THE CHILD DEDICATION CELEBRATION?
- We will reserve seats for your family and close friends
- You will have an opportunity to share what you’ve decided from your homework assignment via video
- We will lead you in a prayer of dedication
ARE THERE REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CHILD DEDICATION CELEBRATION?
We ask that you and your spouse complete STEP 1 and STEP 2 before registering for the Child Dedication Celebration. There is no time limit to completing STEP 1.
DOES THIS EVENT INVOLVE INFANT BAPTISM?
No, this event is not an infant baptism.
An infant is unable to understand what separates us from God, or what it means to be forgiven, or understand the depth of the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for us, or what it even means to have a personal relationship with Christ.
The Child Dedication is about your commitment as parents to raise your child to pursue a growing relationship with Jesus Christ so that as they get older, you are able to guide and help them understand the next step in their faith journey.
CAN A SINGLE PARENT PARTICIPATE IN A CHILD DEDICATION CELEBRATION?
Feel free to contact our Family Pastor with any questions you may have by using the following form.
Family Life Pastor407-892-3300 Ext. 113